B&B Ortigia, Design 4 Rooms

November 25, 2018Niry Fidelis

THE CHANGING DESIGN IN HOSPITALITY

Wondering for a perfect B&B in the centre of Ortigia?

Hotel Ortigia

Would you like to know what really made me hit that reservation button at this hotel in Siracusa? Those beautiful photos of the interiors that I have seen on the web. There was something new in those photos. I’m quite up to date about the hotel evolution and I know well that, whether it’s a 5-star resort or a smaller boutique hotel, hoteliers nowadays are continually striving hard to find that something new which will really makes them different from the others. There is indeed a merciless competition, whatever the purpose is, I mean business or leisure it is, people want to get the best from their hotel stay. Here comes this B&B in Ortigia, “Design 4 Rooms”, let me say that they have found their way.

Hotel Ortigia

We were driving from Portopalo di Capo Passero to Ortigia (the tourist centre of Siracusa) and our only concern was the parking. If you are planning your trip to Sicily, you have certainly read everywhere that parking is a big issue. Fortunately, at a point, Cristiano, the owner of our Hotel in Siracusa where we were up to, sent us a message about the TALETE garage. I could never expect to find such a comfortable car stall in Ortigia!!! Considering that we were in one of the important touristic centres of Sicily, the daily and weekly fees were even acceptable: € 10 per day and € 30 per week. Upon arrival at the Talete garage, we walked about 5 minutes to the B&B where Mr Paolo was waiting to welcome us. The hotel property was on the 3rd floor of the building, probably built in the early 1900s. It didn’t have a lift, I guess that is quite common in Ortigia. Mr Paolo kindly helped us with our luggage.

I liked the house immediately. I loved the design!!!  It has been renovated tastefully both classic and modern. It had a hall area, a small shared kitchen and 4 rooms each labelled with its own name: Legno, Pietra, Ceramica and Ferro. (Wood, Stone, Ceramic and Iron). Consequently each with its own specific characteristics linked to its name. Ours was wood.

B&B Ortigia

Sadly we stayed there for only 2 nights but we would have stayed more! Our room was wonderful, the bed and the pillows were comfortable and even the toilet was beautiful. The kitchen had a coffee machine, tea bags and cookies and we could use it at any time. What we loved more was the fact that when we opened our balcony door there was a typical daily market that made us feel inside the heart of the Sicilian life. If you are a light sleeper, then don’t forget your earplugs guys, like everywhere in the world, the market starts quite early in the morning. We didn’t hear any noise until 8.30 am.
We were given a coupon for the breakfast at the Apollo bar but works are in progress to create this nook at home.

B&B Ortigia

The day after we had a chance to meet Cristiano, the owner. Quite an interesting person! He spoke both English and Italian. He got his degree in  Accademia delle Belle Arti (College of Fine Arts) in Rome but then had to study nursing in order to find a job. With the help of his background studies, he designed the B&B together with his life partner. Such a talented people they were!!! Some of this furniture moreover have been realized by them, therefore unique pieces that you won’t see elsewhere. All the paintings were done by Cristiano, If I’m not mistaken they were also for sale.

Design 4 Rooms

If we ever go back to Ortigia, this is certainly the place I will choose for us since it is one of the best hotels in Syracuse! Beside of the owners and the great location, B&B Design 4 Rooms was also characterized by a high-quality standard and an extremely satisfactory quality price index.

bed and breakfast Ortigia

Comments (28)

• Jessica

November 27, 2018 at 10:07 am

This place looks perfect! I’ll have to check it out if I’m ever in the area.

• Elizabeth

November 27, 2018 at 11:34 am

Hotel photos are also huge for me. I always scroll through them all before making a decision. Looks like you made a great choice here!

• g10ja

November 27, 2018 at 11:41 am

Since I'm a backpacker I always stay at hostels and couchsurfing houses. But seeing this designs make me spend money to stay there!

• Unknown

November 27, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Looks incredible. Would love to stay here one day! First I'd have to figure out where Ortigia is though – never heard of it before lol!

1. Me With My Suitcase

November 27, 2018 at 3:28 pm

ahhhaa! that is very bad! Figure it out right now and let me know!

• Raescape

November 27, 2018 at 12:38 pm

I do agree with you! This place is cozy and has a well-planned interior! I would definitely hit the reserve button too!

• Mario

November 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm

That's a hotel I'd book too, I guess. I too, go fist by advertised pictures and the warm colored interior is inviting.

• Laurence

November 27, 2018 at 3:00 pm

I can totally understand why you booked this hotel. The pictures and interior are somewhat relaxing, and the paintings are really cool too.

• Unknown

November 27, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Interesting design concepts, especially the green striped bathroom! Definitely worth a stay there!

• Unknown

November 27, 2018 at 9:41 pm

What a lovely place to rest and enjoy Ortigia.
    The small details make the difference to decide between one place and another. I loved it!

• Unknown

November 27, 2018 at 11:46 pm

We just recently remodeled our apartment. Wish i had this kind of motivation to guide me.. lol. Dont get me wrong, our apartment came out great but these designs are wonderful

• Sylvia

November 28, 2018 at 3:08 am

I’m going on to Sicily late next year. Thanks for this information, I’ll have to check it out!

• Umang Trivedi

November 28, 2018 at 8:13 am

Looks like a nice cozy hotel to take a break and relax. I like the frames that you have captured.

• Emilio Marcos Sierra

November 28, 2018 at 1:16 pm

This looks a really nice hotel! I love your pictures, keep it up!

• Paul Healy

November 28, 2018 at 2:45 pm

It does look really cool. I love it when a hotel makes a bit of effort to get the aesthetics right.

• indra k

November 28, 2018 at 3:50 pm

Your review and the depiction of hotel in Sicily tells all. With magnificent interiors this is a great place to stay.

• Esther Garcia Sagrado

November 28, 2018 at 7:33 pm

I will definitely check out this place when in Sicily. Thanks for sharing.

• Kemi

November 29, 2018 at 1:42 am

That is a B&B?? Wow! Very modern looking. I wouldn't even have thought Sicily from the interior. Light sleeper? Hah! I can sleep through anything. I'm from NYC lol and the market sounds would be very soothing for me. is paintings are really good. Impressive!

• Anjali Chawla

November 29, 2018 at 4:23 am

Looks like a beautiful cozy place to stay. I love the way it has been tastefully designed.

• Sinjana

November 29, 2018 at 7:17 am

This place looks awesome. the rooms are very well-organised. love the chairs

• The Travel Bunny

November 29, 2018 at 9:13 am

I really like the look of the room. It seems warm and cosy and comfortable.

• Daniel Kiteski

November 29, 2018 at 9:19 am

This looks like an amazing place to stay! I sure wouldn't mind spending a few days here

• World of Faz

November 29, 2018 at 10:28 am

This is really nice, the design is simple yet artistic and gives this sort of relaxing feeling. I really like it.

• Navita | Backpacking Series

November 29, 2018 at 12:29 pm

The place has been done up really well. Its trendy, arty and colorful. Just perfect combination when you are traveling and want to come back to a comfortable stay. Thanks for introducing this hotel in Ortigia.

• Simona

November 29, 2018 at 2:00 pm

The place looks really nice! I love Sicily so when I go to Ortigia I'll know about a lovely place! Thank you for sharing! 🙂

• bye: myself

November 29, 2018 at 4:07 pm

I know the feeling when you hate to check out because your accommodation is just perfect; it's like Murphy's law: the nicer the hotel, the shorter the stay. Anyway, the design is so fun – it looks like a European living room from the 1970s – loving it!

• Jasmine Buckley

November 29, 2018 at 9:27 pm

This looks like such an authentic stay and I love it when the owners help to design the space to make it personal to them; it certainly makes a difference to the look and feel. This is reason alone to choose a place like this to stay rather than a boring corporate hotel.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jaz

• Brittany Verlenich

November 30, 2018 at 3:14 am

You are so right about the competition! It is indeed brutal, and it can be especially hard for small businesses in historical or culturally rich areas. They have to weigh between having updated accommodations, and keeping locals happy, as many locals like to have the old feel in their towns. They did a wonderful job!